20 August 2004

Chun Doo-hwan Email Scam

I get a lot of so-called Nigerian scam letters by email. But yesterday was the first time I noticed a sender attempting to impersonate a Korean.
My name is JANG DOO-HWAN, The brother of Mr. CHUN DOO-HWAN, the former President of South Korea who seized power in a military coup in 1979 and who ruled from 1979 to 1987. My brother was pushed out of office and charged with treason, corruption and embezzlement of over 21billion won. He was wrongly sentenced to death but fortunately AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL stepped in and commuted the sentence to life. We thank God that he has finally being released though still under house arrest in the sense of conditions of the freedom. During my brother's regime as president of South Korea, we realized some reasonable amount of money from various deals that we successfully executed....
Gee, I can understand why Gen. Chun's brother would change his surname to Jang, but how could two brothers share the same given name? Were they perhaps conjoined twins at birth? Did the parents call one Doo and the other Hwan? These and other questions must receive satisfactory answers before I send any financial data to mrjangdoohwan@pnetmail.co.za.

No comments: